Monday, October 20, 2008

The Goal Is God

This 4 word phrase has been upon my heart and mind for some time. In all the things that we do, whether it be prayer, bible study, ministering to others, giving, or anything else we do our goal is the same.

Our goal is God and we shouldn't be satisfied with nothing less. I think of those that pursued God in the flesh even to touch just the hem of His garment and how they were healed. And how the woman at the well ran back to town to bring the people to Jesus. And how Peter said to the lame man in Acts 3 that silver or gold he did not have but just by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth the lame man walked.

As I was watching the earth slowly turn this morning and reveal the most wonderful piece of art, the morning sunrise, it reminded me of how faithful and longsuffering God has been with humanity and even more so with me. Today, this week, this month and for your entire life don't settle for anything less then God Himself. I love how Moses put it in the Law and how David so poetically puts it in Psalm 17

Deu 10:20 "You shall fear the LORD your God; you shall serve Him and cling to Him..."
Psa 17:15 But I will see Your face in righteousness; when I awake, I will be satisfied with Your presence

No comments: