Monday, July 6, 2009

Are you willing to be free?


Many people look on religion as a crutch or something that enslaves the person. In fact there is a large secular movement, started in the UK, that if you were baptized you may declare and receive a statement of "debaptism". If this wasn't such a sad thing it would be almost funny. The problem is that they are caught in satans trap and are captive to do his will (2Tim 2:26), they give him authority and power (Acts 26:18) over their lives and are blind (2Cor 4:4) to the fact that they serve and do his will. Satan is not this red horned iconic hollywood devil but actually he comes as an angel of light (2Cor 11:14) deceiving you into doing things that "seem" good (like Eve in the garden of Eden) but ultimately serve his purposes.
The question is do you want to be free? Are you willing to come to Christ so that you may see clearly and be set free? Are you willing to let go of all that is of sin, self and satan and come to Christ to give you life?
Look at the difference between satan (the thief) and Jesus Christ

Joh 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

It reminds me of the story told of the blind man in Luke:

Luk 18:35 As he drew near to Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging.
Luk 18:36 And hearing a crowd going by, he inquired what this meant.
Luk 18:37 They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by."
Luk 18:38 And he cried out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"
Luk 18:39 And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"
Luk 18:40 And Jesus stopped and commanded him to be brought to him. And when he came near, he asked him,
Luk 18:41 "What do you want me to do for you?" He said, "Lord, let me recover my sight."
Luk 18:42 And Jesus said to him, "Recover your sight; your faith has made you well."
Luk 18:43 And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him, glorifying God. And all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God.


The blind man was crying out to God even to the point of desperation. He knew he wanted to be touched by Jesus, God in the flesh, and to have his sight. Even after many "well meaning" people told him to be silent he cried all the more. But Jesus heard his cries, just as He hears us when we cry out to Him, and the blind man got an audience with God Almighty. Then the question of all questions, what do you want me to do for you? That same question is asked today to each and everyone of us...what do we want or are we willing for God to do.

It is like another blind man that Jesus healed where the man said in Joh 9:25, all I know is that I was once blind but now I see. That is one of the verses that mean so much to me. It is so true of where I once was to where I am today. I thought I could find my way but being blind I was only fumbling in darkness, led to and fro by the prince of this world, satan. Jesus still bids us to come, and in such a time as this the greatest question is are we willing.


Mat 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

No comments: