- If I have a good enough job or enough money in the bank then I will be secure during this recession
- If I lose some weight then I will feel better about myself
- If I get a compliment today on something I did or the way I look I will feel a sense of importance
- If others recognize the spiritual gifts that I have then I know that I am doing the right things for God
- If I can just get a new car/clothes/house etc. then I will be happy
We have been sucking off the worlds system for so long many of the things that we do become so subtle that it is not even noticeable. It is crucial that we get with God, in prayer and allow Him to guide our conscience into Spiritual truths. The "Christian" that does not get alone with God and allow the Life of God to go through them is only bluffing or playing at Christianity.
2Co 4:4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Cleave to Christ knowing that satan, the god of this world, is out to destroy you and your faith. The deception and lies that satan wants you to believe are endless and usually fit right into your selfish way of life. Can you like Paul say:
Gal 6:14 But as for me, I will never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
Is the world crucified to you? Or are you still dependent on others for significance, security and happiness.
- There is a move of God in America today but not amongst the unsaved...It's amongst the redeemed who are determined by the grace of God to be part of the Bride and to be part of the Bride you have to be divorced from everything in the world. (Leonard Ravenhill)