The question remains...do you trust and obey, which is an outpouring of our belief, in the Word of God? If so step back for one moment and ponder a few truths in light of how you daily live your life.
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being...
Without God every molecule of the universe would deflate and life would cease to exist. Yet how many of us believe this as truth but live our lives as if it is not paramount. How so you ask...
- Are we tied to our bank accounts or jobs for our sense of security?
- Are we easily flustered when our plans and budgets seem to not be on target?
- Do we trust God to take care of our daily needs or do we trust man to do so?
- Are we easily angered when our "security" or money is taken away from us?
- When a "tragedy" befalls our lives, like a sickness or unforeseen financial burden, do we immediately get anxious or do we trust that God is allowing or even doing something to purify our faith or make us a vessel for blessing
Despite our American way of life and us having a right to security, which was just a mirage in the distance and actually never existed, are we not just fragile sheep ready to flee at the first sign of danger?. Sept 11 and now our "global financial crisis" are chipping away at anything that we think can give us security...and that is a good thing. Christians need not be anxious but gleefully looking to their Lord and Saviour to be used as a blessing. Oh how much wasted time and energy we spend on such fruitless deeds when all along we could have been resting in the Lord and His goodness.
Php 4:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Am I willing to have God and God alone as my only source of security? Am I willing to rely upon Him and trust Him, by faith and not sight, because He is worthy to be trusted and obeyed? Am I living as if I have been crucified (Gal 6:14)to the worlds ways of getting security and now living in my Lords ways (Mat 6:25) or am I just a proud little rat running in the worlds system?
Since so many liked the previous video...I find this one to be very moving