Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Am I Willing? - - - To Seek Him

I love the mornings (not because I am a morning person, actually just the opposite) because the Bible tells us some specific things about this time of day.

Lam 3:22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. Lam 3:23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Psa 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.
Mar 1:35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

We see that the morning was a special time of prayer for the saints and even Jesus. It was a time to hear God's voice and to seek His face. Each day we exert so much energy doing the normal tasks of life and many times gloss over the need to seek the Lord. When we get to the judgment seat of Christ we may look back on our lives and see so many missed opportunities because we were so preoccupied with the vain and meaningless.

The Lord does not leave us ignorant of how to prioritize our lives...the problem for most of us is that His priorities are not ours. I don't know how I will be able to one day gaze into the eyes of Him who created and sustained my every breath and at the same time know that I never was willing to seek Him.

Mat 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you

As the Lord has been pressing in upon my life and dividing asunder between my soul and spirit is has been at times painful but freeing. I have personally seen how much of what I do is centered around me, my comfort, my happiness, my fulfillment, my desires...and at the same time with my mouth calling out to Him as Lord but in actuality giving Him the leftovers. It is time we seek Him and love Him with all of our body, all of our mind, all of our soul and all of our strength. Not because we will get some reward but because He is worthy.

Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven...

Heaven is not so much of a place we go but it is an eternal relationship with the one who created, died and loved us so much. Jesus is life (John 11:25,14:6) and in Him we live and breathe and have our place and without Him nothing would be. Now because of this let us heed what the book of Colossians says:

Col 3:17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

No comments: